Norwich’s open-top bus broke down and stalled their promotion parade on Monday, forcing them to find a replacement.
The Canaries will be playing Premier League football next season after winning the Championship title on Sunday.
1
There were jubilant scenes in Norwich on Monday
The club were due to parade through the city on a personalised yellow bus with the words ‘We are Premier League’ on it.
But it became unusable and they switched to a red sightseeing tourist bus.
During the parade, Norwich boss Daniel Farke, who fought back tears, said: “I have no words.
“It’s really outstanding what this club and these supporters and this place has achieved during this season.
“All words are right. So world class, special, unique, extraordinary. We are all unbelievably proud.
LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS
“It’s more like when Stuart (Webber, the sporting director) and me signed here for Norwich.
“We said ‘Okay, the most important thing is we want to give the pride back’, and when you got the picture (on Monday at the parade), you got the feeling it was well done.”
Still, the whole affair was more successful than the Norwich bus parade the Canaries had for winning the Mr Clutch Cup in the film, Mike Bassett: England Manager!
Man United vs West Ham live on talkSPORT: Full commentary and free stream for Premier League clash All you need to know to tune into the action at Old Trafford By Marc Williams
West Ham vs Southampton live on talkSPORT 2: Full commentary
Arsenal news: How Gunners could line-up next season including Djene Dakonam and Gelson Martins Unai Emery was reportedly in Spain over the weekend scouting and it's looking like it could be busy
Arsenal news live: Gunners transfer plan at advanced stage
/Tottenham are set to launch an £80million double raid for Bournemouth stars Callum Wilson and David Brooks, according to reports. Wilson scored 15 goals during the 2018/19 campaign, while Brooks' form saw him beat Real Madrid star Gareth Bale to the Welsh footballer of the year award. The Sun claim the duo's performances over the […]
Wolves skipper Conor Coady admits it will be difficult to break into the England squad after being snubbed for the latest international fixtures. The 26-year-old defender had been tipped for a call-up but missed out to the likes of Everton's Michael Keane and Burnley's James Tarcowski.
Wolves captain Conor Coady downplays England snub: 'These
The Reds did a Back-To-Back comeback win as Manchester City are 2018/19 Premier League champions, beating Liverpool to the prize in one of the most thrilling title races in years. The battle for silverware went all the way down to the final day, with City entering their match against Brighton one point clear of Liverpool in second.
Man City crowned champions with defeat of Brighton as
Transfer News: Manchester United ready to beat Arsenal to top Unai Emery transfer target Manchester United are purportedly still in the chase for the transfer of Paris Saint-Germain right back Thomas Meunier this summer.
Transfer news: Man United join race to sign Lille forward
Geoffrey Boycott has defended his colourful MUTV interview, in which he called Manchester United's season a 'disappointment', saying: 'I don't believe my answers were unfair'. Famous United fan
Geoffrey Boycott defends scathing Manchester Un
Scott Brown would have got FAT EAR from Celtic legend after Old Firm behaviour - NICHOLAS THERE is no respect between Celtic and Rangers players now - and that was summed up by Scott Brown and his Old Firm antics on Sunday.
~ Celtic 2-1 Rangers: Alfredo Morelos accepts fine after
Real Madrid's talks to sign Manchester United star Paul Pogba have hit an impasse due to the midfielder's staggering wage demands, according to reports in France. Eden Hazard is set to become
Why Paul Pogba Is More Likely to Become Man United Captain
Arsenal in pole position to sign Barcelona star - but Man Utd remain keen on transfer ARSENAL are in 'pole position' to sign Barcelona star Samuel Umtiti - but Manchester United remain keen on the player.
Transfer News: Arsenal in pole position to land Barcelona
According to reports from The Express, Liverpool midfielder Adam Lallana is open to leaving the club in the summer. The 34-cap England international would love to return to his former club, Southampton. The 31-year-old joined the Reds in 2014 and enjoyed some brilliant moments with the Anfield club.
Report: Adam Lallana keen on £13m move from Liverpool to
Man Utd star Paul Pogba eyed by Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri in Juventus transfer Daily Star 21:10 22-May-19 After development, Real Madrid won't put 'all the meat on the grill' for Man United's Pogba Sport Witness 20:39 22-May-19
CaughtOffside | Football transfer rumours, news and Gossip
Barcelona 3-0 Manchester United: Philippe Coutinho, Blaugrana worries, and what else we learnt Barcelona might just be 'walking to victory' as Ernesto Valverde has the last laugh over his doubters. Last month
Blaugrana - News Search - AIOIS - All-in-one Internet Search
No comments:
Post a Comment