Manchester City news: Benjamin Mendy wants to ‘forget the past and think about the future’ with Premier League champions

Manchester City news: Benjamin Mendy wants to ‘forget the past and think about the future’ with Premier League champions

Benjamin Mendy insists he is no troublemaker with the Manchester City left-back vowing to stick to the rule book as he looks to make up for lost time.


The 24-year-old has endured a topsy-turvy time since arriving at the Etihad Stadium in 2017.





Benjamin Mendy insists he is not a bad influence within the Manchester City ranks



2




Benjamin Mendy insists he is not a bad influence within the Manchester City ranks



Mendy’s first season with City was brought to an abrupt halt by a cruciate ligament injury and, having helped France win the World Cup, on Saturday he made his first start since undergoing meniscus surgery in November.


The full-back helped seal a hard-fought 1-0 FA Cup semi-final win against Brighton, but the questions after did not only revolve around fitness.


Disciplined last September for reporting late to have treatment on a foot injury after attending a boxing event, Mendy was this week subject of reports that he was in a nightclub in the early hours having not been included in the squad for Fulham later that same day.


“I feel so good, and I am very happy,” the City defender said.


“The team-mates and the staff have been really good.





Manchester City FC news: Mendy announces he has returned from 'Injury FC' on Twitter



2




Mendy is very popular with the City faithful



“I am not a doctor. I follow the rules. The excuse is not one.


“This injury (following an attempted comeback in January)… when I came back sometimes the swelling stayed.


“But now it’s good, we can forget the past and think about the future.


“I feel really fit and I want to give everything I can to help my team.”


Mendy’s return to the fold is certainly a welcome shot in the arm at a crunch stage of the campaign.


City have already wrapped up the Carabao Cup and sealed their place in the FA Cup final on Saturday, while they remain in the driving seat for the Premier League.















Guardiola’s men are the bookmakers’ favourite to win the Champions League and kick off their quarter-final clash with Tottenham at the north Londoners’ stunning new home on Tuesday.


“I have missed a lot of games, but my team-mates have been incredible,” Mendy said.


“So we need to trust and to believe it for going on the end with a lot of trophies.


“We will have a good rest and we will see after when we have seen the manager and follow the rules.


“We are happy we want to win as many trophies as possible. So we try to play good, to give everything for the fans. That is what we did today.”


 



Tottenham Hotspur new stadium: Every on-pitch first at Spurs



It's the royal Insta-baby: Harry and Meghan share heart-warming photographs of their newborn son on their Sussex Royal social media account Royal baby: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's son
Prince Harry News and Royal Baby Updates | Daily Mail Online



Chelsea may accept transfer ban this summer in bid for FIFA to reduce it to just one window Chelsea are considering accepting a transfer ban this summer so they can add to their squad again in January, according to reports. The Blues announced earlier talkSPORT 1 week ago Also reported by •Daily Star •Football.london
Chelsea transfer ban: CAS confirm Blues appeal | Goal.com


Argentina boss Lionel Scaloni shows off facial injuries after being hit by car. Lionel Scaloni was out riding his bike when he was involved in the accident on Tuesday West Ham in 2006. Scaloni
Lionel Scaloni accident: Argentina coach hospitalised after


no place for it The 24-year-old was targeted by Lazio fans in Milan's Coppa Italia semi-final defeat last week Chelsea loanee Tiemoue Bakayoko is reportedly considering his AC Milan future after suffering racial abuse.
Tiemoue Bakayoko to return to Chelsea after suffering racist



The incredible Champions League statistic which will give Tottenham fans hope of making another remarkable comeback against Liverpool fpnews June 1, 2019 0 Tottenham Hotspur fans should not feel too disheartened about going behind in their first ever Champions League final.
The incredible Champions League statistic which will give




Tony Cascarino picks his Premier League Team of the Year - with NO Manchester United or Arsenal players Tony Cascarino has named his Premier League Team of the Year, and it features NO Manchester United or Arsenal players. The talkSPORT host and pundit was talkSPORT 1 week ago Also reported by •SoccerNews.com •Sify



Tottenham vs Liverpool: Only 'stupid people' judge Jurgen Klopp and Mauricio Pochettino on trophies, says John Barnes John Barnes believes only 'stupid people' criticise Jurgen Klopp and Mauricio Pochettino over their lack of trophies in England. Klopp has lost three cup talkSPORT 1 day ago
Premier League: Mauricio Pochettino says 'stupid' to stay on


Manchester City starlet Phil Foden should be in England


What time is the FA Cup final? Man City vs Watford - date and


Wolves captain Conor Coady downplays England snub: 'These



Tottenham transfer news - LIVE! Tottenham are on the verge of an historic season, but there are already warning signs that this summer could be a tricky one. Having failed to make a single signing

No comments:

Post a Comment